The Role for an optics designer:
You will be responsible for development of high bandwidth systems for optical imaging application. You will lead characterization of commercial, off-the-shelf components, drive development of custom components where needed, to achieve low-cost, light-weight, and reliable systems that meet the performance requirements. You will support the optical design development, optical assembly, integration and test development.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and have the opportunity to work with multiple technical consultants in Singapore. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven’t been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
Job Duties & Responsibilities for the Optics Designer
Develop optical imaging & photonics system and sub-system to meet product requirements
· Design and optimization of optical imaging system comprises of lens system and electro-optic sensors
· Drive performance analysis and simulations of optical imaging and photonics system
· Perform optics/sensors/hardware functional testing and troubleshooting for design verification
· Transferring the final product to production
Responsible for optical equipment & facilities setup and maintenance
The optics engineer will work with the mechanical engineer to propose the solution to customer
Job Requirement (Qualification & Experience) for the Optics Engineer
- A Bachelor /Master Degree in Optics, Applied Physics, Physics or a related discipline·
- Good working knowledge and experience in optics, electro-mechanical, light sources and sensors and electronics which include interfacing and control of electro-optic sensors and cameras.·
- Proficient in optics simulation softwares (e.g. OSLO, Zemax). Competence in FEA, physical optics simulation methods.·
- Strong interest in science and technology, resourceful and enjoys overcoming challenges· Good interpersonal and communication skills
- · The optical Engineer should be able to work independently and in a team
- Proficient in Solidworks and 3D CAD tools.
- Excellent operational skills for optical equipments (Optical Power Meter, Spectrometer, Light sources, etc)
- Minimum 3 years working experience
If you would like to know optical design team strength and experience, please look for our successful projects case study.
Would like to find more jobs @ shapeoptics, please refer to “Join Our Team“.